Tuesday 31 December 2013

A Year in Review: My Favourite Moments of 2013

A Year in Review: 
My Favourite Moments of 2013

Another not-so-theatre-related post on my Theatre blog, but oh well. Everyone's doing something like this, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. So, here are my top ten favourite moments of 2013! (no particular order)

10. Seeing the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships live in London, Ontario.
Myself at the World Figure Skating Championships
Incredible experience; such a great competition for the Canadians, and it was amazing to be surrounded by so much national spirit.

9. Getting accepted to six universities (three in Canada, three in the UK).
I only didn't get into two of them, and those were the two most competitive ones. I didn't end up going to my first choice school (although I did get in), but it was really exciting to get in so many places. 

8. Every time I got to see one of my favourite Christines, Olivia Brereton and Anna O'Byrne. 
Myself with Anna O'Byrne/Myself with Olivia Brereton
It's wonderful to see a role you love done so perfectly, but so differently. These two are just incredible, and I feel very privileged to have seen Anna on two occasions and Olivia on three (hopefully more to come in 2014!). 

7. Every trip to London in 2013.
The best city in the world! London is my favourite place ever, and every time I visit it just makes me happy. London is my second home, and I look forward to more trips (and more Phantom!) in 2014!

6. Winning RhythmFest 2013.
Myself at RhythmFest 2013! L-R Clubs, medal ceremony, Hoop
This was a big deal for me; I had a great competition with only one drop, got good scores, and most importantly, had fun and enjoyed myself. A competition like that made me even more sad to leave the sport. RG is a huge part of me, and always will be, whether I'm on the carpet or not. 

5. Basically every moment involving Layla Harrison. 
From her perfect Meg on stage to her incredible kindness off stage, it would've been a very different six months for me if it weren't for her kindness, and I'm so grateful! 

4. Graduation.
My Mum and I at Graduation!
I graduated from High School! Not only that, but I won an award for History and got distinction again. It was a wonderful, triumphant day. I never thought I would do as well as I did in school; I still can't believe I went from nearly failing to graduating with distinction in two years. 

3. When this happened….

It's my favourite Phantom and Christine and I in one photo! And it's a really good photo! That is never going to happen again, and I feel so lucky to have a keepsake like this. 

2. November 2nd, 2013
There are so many reasons this day was incredible…. it was just 100% perfect and fabulous, and I will never forget how amazing it was. 

1. Hallowe'en 2013
L-R, Lara Martins, Olivia Brereton, Layla Harrison, and myself as a Ballet Girl :)
What can I say, it was a riot! Saw my favourite Christine, one of my favourite Phantoms, got to see all the incredible costumes and have a laugh at Stage Door - I know I said I wasn't going in order, but I think this was probably my favourite moment of 2013. 









No comments:

Post a Comment